Candlelight Tour of Homes
(Also, known as the Christmas Tour of Homes)
Camden, South Carolina
The Candlelight Tour of Homes (aka Christmas Tour) in Camden, South Carolina, is known as one of the best home tours in the state. From Antebellum to newly constructed homes, the holiday decor is amazing. This annual event only lasts for one day…
- Saturday, 14 December 2019, is quickly approaching
- Purchase your tickets early! yes, they are already available on the Camden Junior Welfare League website, and they are required for entry.
- The starting point is the Camden Archives and Museum. The tour books are distributed at the Archives. It contains the map and great descriptions of the properties.
- Dress for the weather. It might be 70 degrees or 35 degrees.
- Comfortable shoes are a must; inclement weather is best traversed in shoes that are easily slip off as some homes offer booties to protect hardwood floors and beautiful area rugs. Heels/hard to remove boots are not your friend this evening! From the car to the door, it might be pine straw or gravel…paved or not.
- Be prepared, bring…
- A drink in your car, only two locations offer water stations. And please remember, food and drink do not mix well with the inside of these beautiful holiday homes.
- Money! Some of the stops have great holiday purchasing options.
- A happy spirit to enjoy the best tour ever.
- Use your cell phone…
- In your car or outside the properties. They have a tendency to spoil the festive mood inside.
- Capturing images of the beautiful decor is so fun, so be sure t ask at each location if photography is OK.
- Some shops extend their hours for your shopping pleasure.
- Some dining locations offer a discount with the presentation of your ticket.
- All of Camden will be beautifully decorated just for you.
So, why are you waiting? Purchase your tickets today. Otherwise, you might miss…
- The best tour in the South.
- A tree that fills the entire living room.
- Cooking in an 1854 kitchen house (with some samples.
- Unique gifts.
- A life-sized Santa.
- A home with no less than 10 trees.
Make a Difference
The tour is for your enjoyment. But, it is so much more. When you purchase your ticket, you assist the Camden Junior Welfare League in improving the social and economic environment of the children in Kershaw County. In addition, the League’s moto is “My part is to improve the present moment.”
Likewise, your purchases allow the League to offer at risk/in need students with dental/medical care, college scholarships, arts outreach, ear and eye exams. They also offer classroom enrichment grants, non-profit grants and assist with dressing for the Prom. Step right up…you can be part of these giving opportunities.
The purpose of the League is to improve and enrich the social and economic environment of the children of Kershaw County, foster among its members interest in social, cultural, economic, and civil affairs of Camden and Kershaw County, and to render voluntary services for the betterment of such affairs.
Stay the Weekend
You should spend the evening or even the weekend in Camden. A unique experience awaits you at Bloomsbury Inn.
Thus, we can’t wait to see you in Camden, South Carolina for the 43d Candlelight Tour of Homes (Christmas Tour of Homes) on the 14th of December.