The sixth Bloomsbury Jam-Off is Sunday, 16 September 2018! Yes, Jam-Off (amateur jam-off). A panel of jam-loving judges will be selecting the top three entries in the entire universe. Well, the top three of those j-petitors(contestants) who submit. The top three entries win a certificate and prize.
Be sure to follow the rules for the Jam-Off:
* All submissions must reach Bloomsbury not later than 10 September 2018: Bloomsbury Inn, 1707 Lyttleton Street, Camden SC 29020
* Use a pint jar or smaller, home canned (NO commercially produced items please)
* Unfortunately we cannot accept refrigerator jams
* Acceptable submissions include jam, jelly, preserves, fruit sauces and fruit spreads
* Each submission must be accompanied by a card containing:
J-petitors Name, Address, Telephone Number and Email Address (email addresses will not be shared/sold)
Title of Submission
Category of Submission (jam, jelly, preserve, sauce, spread)
Recipe (this recipe will be shared upon request…so please do not send Auntie Margaret’s Secret Recipe)
* Be sure to tell your friends they should also make a submission (ok — they don’t have to be friends)
* You are invited to the Jam-off event on 16 September, if you submit an entry
Homemade jams are on the breakfast table every time breakfast is served at Bloomsbury Inn in Camden, South Carolina. Peach Margarita with hot biscuits from Grandmother Sally Rose’s iron skillet…Strawberry Fig with chocolate croissants…Pineapple Spice with hot crescents…
Inn guests are always asking for recipes, regional secrets and tips. In fact, many want to learn how to can jam and jellies. So, in 2013 the competition was opened for j-petitors to submit their best jar of jam and recipe. Today, you can submit yours.
So, j-petitors start canning now and be sure to have your j-tastic submission in by 10 September 2018. We can hardly wait to welcome you to the 2018 Jam Off.