The third Bloomsbury Jam-Off is scheduled for Sunday, 27 September 2015! Yes, Jam-Off (amateur jam-off). A panel of jam-loving judges will be selecting the top three entries in the entire universe. Well, the top three of those j-petitors(contestants) who make a submission to be judged. The top three entries will be awarded a Jam-Off Certificate and Prize.
Be sure to follow the rules for the Jam-Off:
* All submissions must reach Bloomsbury not later than 15 September 2015: Bloomsbury Inn, 1707 Lyttleton Street, Camden SC 29020
* Each submission must be made in a pint jar or smaller, home canned (NO commercially produced items please)
* Unfortunately we cannot accept refrigerator jams
* Acceptable submissions include jam, jelly, preserves, fruit sauces and fruit spreads
* Each submission must be accompanied by a card containing:
J-petitors Name, Address, Telephone Number and Email Address (email addresses will not be shared/sold)
Title of Submission
Category of Submission (jam, jelly, preserve, sauce, spread)
Recipe (this recipe will be shared upon request…so please do not send Auntie Margaret’s Secret Recipe)
* Be sure to tell your friends they should also make a submission (ok — they don’t have to be friends)
* Everyone who submits a jam for competition is invited to the Jam-off event on 27 September
Homemade jams are on the breakfast table every time breakfast is served at Bloomsbury Inn in Camden, South Carolina. Peach Margarita with hot biscuits from Grandmother Sally Rose’s iron skillet…Strawberry Fig with chocolate croissants…Pineapple Spice with hot crescents…
Inn guests are always asking for recipes, regional secrets and tips. In fact, many want to learn how to can jam and jellies. So, in 2013 the competition was opened for j-petitors to submit their best jar of jam and recipe to compete in the first Jam-Off. Today, you can submit yours.
So, j-petitors start canning now and be sure to have your j-tastic submission in by 15 September 2014.