Christmas in Camden SC
- Arrive Camden SC in the mid-morning, when the winter weather is perfect for a stroll around downtown. Beware, you might need a light jacket or sweater (or not) if you to visit the parks, too.
- There are Christmas presents at every turn in the quaint shops and boutiques in downtown. From jewelry to scarves, from antiques to art, you have come to the right place for the perfect gift. Don’t forget your mask – thank goodness, they are mandatory in Camden SC.
- Pick-up a light lunch and head to the new Environmental Park…the perfect spot to dine by the river…then walk the lagoon trail. Think Candies at the Granary, Everyday Gourmet, Camden House of Pizza for a culinary delight.
- Spend a couple of hours at leisure: Camden Archives and Museum, Historic Camden Revolutionary Park, Quaker Cemetery, a Horse Country Drive, the new Veterans’ Park – there is far more to do than in one afternoon.
- Between 3:30 – 4:00 pm drive into the historic district and arrive at a family home of the Chesnuts, touchless check-in is practiced at Bloomsbury Inn. Surely, you booked DIRECT for the best pricing. Yes, the Inn has been certified by Select Registry for meeting/exceeding all COVID requirements. Be absolutely sure you are there for the afternoon Owners’ Hour – social distanced, of course.
- If you do not want to dine-in, there is a beautiful dining table on the verandah or in the dining room awaiting you. The new street taco house, Masa, is the latest hit in Camden. Then again, there are amazing places to dine: Millpond Steakhouse is fine dining. Salud is casual with over 200 tequilas on the bar. Sam Kendall’s is casual and offers very American fare. There are too many wonderful places to list them all in this to-do list…unless you stay several nights at Bloomsbury Inn.
- Following a beautiful rest and release of that pent-up need for travel, a gourmet breakfast awaits you in the dining room. A private table just for you, laid with finery, welcomes you with signature coffee and Charleston tea. Sometimes the first course is a Fruit Soup or a Parfait or a Baked Apple. The entrée also varies daily. But, you might expect Eggs Benedict or Baked French Toast or Quiche Florentine. Plus, you always enjoy a homemade bread. If you are lucky it might be Biscuits in Grandmother’s Iron Skillet or Grilled Pound Bread. Regardless, it will be delicious!
- Before you check-out, yes it is touchless, you might want to purchase a jar of that amazing homemade jam you enjoyed with breakfast. The Inn also sells Christmas Ornaments, Waffle Robes and various other amenities. They also sell gift certificates for the person on your shopping list that has everything and even more.
- Hopefully you booked your room at the Inn for more than one night as you have only scratched the surface of Camden SC. Did you see the holiday lights? Did you visit the City Christmas Tree? You couldn’t have “shopped till you drop” in just one day. Did you pick up pastries at Mulberry Bakery? Did you checkout Wooten & Wooten Auction House?
- Above all else, enjoy all the beauty of Glitter Season, be safe and be well.
Ps…for an extra treat, the Grinch did not steal Christmas in Camden SC!