Fresh Fig Tart
Total preparation time: 30 minutes
• 1 ready made frozen puff pastry – thawed
• 12 fresh figs, washed and cut in half
• 2 egg yokes
• 4 tablespoons sour cream
• 1/2 cup ground almonds
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
2. Roll out the puff pastry on a floured work surface. Place it into an 8×8 baking dish. Prick the bottom with a fork
and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, but do not turn oven off.
3. Place fig halves, cut side up, on the puff pastry. Beat the egg yolks, sour cream, almonds, two tablespoons of sugar,
vanilla and cinnamon together. Pour over the figs. Put tart back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove
from oven, but do not turn oven off.
4. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Return tart to oven to caramelize, about 5-7 minutes.