The Secret Is Out…
Is it safe to travel—the secret is out—stay safe? COVID has changed our world, but there are still safe places to stay for both business and leisure. As travelers are quickly realizing, the Inns/Bed and Breakfasts in our Nation are stepping forward to provide the safest options for travelers’ needs.
Ask Touch Questions
Right now, especially in certain areas, it is somewhat scary to travel. But, very stay safe options exist. Ask several questions when you make your reservations or just look at the websites for the answers if you prefer to book on-line:
- Do you have touchless/touch-free check-in and check-out?
- Does your lodging property meet/exceed the CDC guidelines for lodging?
- Do you require masks for all staff encountered at the property?
- Do you require everyone to wear masks in common areas?
- How many hours do your rooms sit empty between guest visits?
- What extra cleaning/sanitizing measures have been instituted?
- Do you promote social distancing at afternoon socials, in common areas, at breakfast?
- Is anything you serve via buffet?
- What is your cancellation policy?
This may sound like a laundry list of questions, but it will define the level of safety being employed to protect you and the entire staff. If you want to stay safe as you travel, you must do your homework before booking. Also, a great source for locating safe travel is Select Registry.
Reservationists are professional. At safe lodging properties they will have no issue in answering your questions. And, they will most certainly have their procedures posted on their website. They want you to feel comfortable about your selection. They want you to stay safe.
So, why is it safer to stay at Inns/Bed and Breakfasts? The secret is out:
- Smaller lodging options have the appropriate, same staff every day to ensure everything is done well. No missing a door knob or food service by buffet.
- Inns/Bed and Breakfasts have embraced National programs to certify their safety programs for COVID. Such as “Select Safe” by Select Registry and “Stay Safe” by the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
- The owners are invested in your safety and that of their entire staff. The owners/innkeepers are on-site every day.
- Corners are not being cut in the sanitation departments. Many Inns/Bed and Breakfasts have designated a “Chief COVID Inspector” who is the last person to check your room … the last person in your room before you arrive.
- Yes, they actually clean under the bed every day!
You deserve the best!
So, as you make your plans to travel safely, your first option should be an Inn/Bed and Breakfast that clearly shares their COVID procedures. Don’t hesitate to ask the tough questions. You deserve the best.
Book Direct at Bloomsbury Inn, Camden SC. For the best prices and cancellation policies, always be sure you are on the property website. There are many third-party booking agents who would like for you to believe you are on the property website when you are not. They always charge a hidden commission fee and cancelling a reservation can be challenging.
PS…another great way to find the best properties in any given area, compare inns/bed and breakfast ratings with those of hotels sites and read reviews—TripAdvisor is a good source.